Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lego Candy Valentines

 As you know, my boys love Legos.  I saw that someone made crayons for a birthday party with a Lego Mold.  Had to have it because I knew I would have another Lego party in my future. 
 
I purchased these on Amazon. They came as a set.

I am an over planner. I started looking for Valentine Ideas over Christmas Break.  I found this wonderful tutorial on Sugar Swings.  She made it look so easy...it was, after my 5th batch of trying.  The boys did not mind sampling the candy!
 
I bought Walmart snack size baggies, Wilton Candy Melts from Michaels.  I cut my paper 3x5.  I used crayons and a thin Sharpie. Because I had to make 45 of them for 2 different boys, I copied the cards on a color printer.  The sayings I used were, "Let's Connect!", "Coolest Friend on the Block!" and "Greatest Teacher on the Block!"  They were really fun to make and the boys loved them.

I attached the Lego Guy to the card with a little drop of melted candy!
 
We will see if they are a hit at the parties this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment