Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Teacher Gift

I am the room mom for Bradley's 2nd Grade class. So, that means I had to do the Class Gift.   I made this GC basket for his teacher.
It came out so much cuter than I thought it would.
The Snowman Hat basket I purchased at Michaels before Thanksgiving and it was  1/2 off.  I also purchased 2 smaller ones for Wesley's teachers, but I forgot to take pictures of the finished project. 
The snowflakes were cut from Cricut Cart Pooh and Friends, the eyes were cut from Friskars Large Petal Punch.
I cut 2 snowflakes for each gift card.  I used my tape runner to adhere the bottom half of the snowflakes and slid the gift card in the top.  I forgot to take a picture of the back, the snowflakes are taped to BBQ skewers (bought 100 at $ store for $1).  I usually use Styrofoam in my baskets, I used green flower foam on this project...oh my goodness, it is so much easier to work with.  It is cheaper and it cuts so much easier.  I wrapped it all in tissue paper so it looked like snow and then stuck her favorite candies in amongst the skewers.
 
She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment